It’s another rainy Monday here in San Francisco and stupid daylight savings has only exacerbated the sleepy/lazy/stay-in-jammies mood that I’ve been in. Screw you, any place but bed.
But, the need to update this blog has spurred me (as intended) into rolling out from under the covers and into a reasonable approximation of presentable clothing. Given the weather forecast (rain with a chance of more rain), I’ve decided that I’m going to get all kinds of colorful this week, putting together technicolor outfits to span both the visual spectrum and the spectrum of good taste.
This is my first attempt. Not over the top colorful, I admit, but I’m taking baby steps.
I can’t shake the feeling that this outfit looks a little “granny.” Is it the witchy shoes? The grey tights? The spinning wheel subtly lurking in the background? Who can say? Perhaps it’s simply that I’m wearing a vintage dress and the spirit of the person who undoubtedly died in it is tainting me with her granny-esque presence. Alternatively, I am just being a grumpy, gloomy gus today.
- purple vintage floral dress purchased from Thrush.
- purple sweater from Old Navy.
- woven leather belt from Urban Outfitters.
- grey “Tight-End Tights” from Spanx.
- grey booties from Donald J. Pliner.
- grey “Elizabeth” bag from Furla.
- raincoat from Nordstrom.
- pretty little chrysanthemum earrings (impossible to see) handmade by Shizen Designs.